Friday, November 2, 2012

Love

This past week I have gotten to witness very true and unashamed love from my sweet little Bo.  He's always been a lovey kid, gives lots of hug, no surprises there.  But this week it occurred to me that he is 7 and his innocence will probably soon be thwarted by not so sweet other 7 year olds.

Bo was playing a game online that he and his friend like to connect to so they can play together.  They had a little chat window open with things like "we rock" and "wee wee", it was very sweet.  Then I told him he had to get off and come eat dinner.  He wrote to his friend and told him the news, even including that we were having pizza for dinner.  Then Bo typed "I love you Wyatt".  To which Wyatt replied "ok".  How sweet is that.  I know it probably sounds weird to people who aren't used to it, but he was completely genuine and wanted his friend to know it.  He's already been told by one friend that boys don't hug.  Sad.

While at his Halloween party in his class, he came right over and jumped up on my lap.  He didn't give a single thought to what his friends might think.  Nope, just sat there and played with my hair.  Even when I just poked my head in to give him his lunch the other day, I didn't leave without a big hug and kiss from him.  I'm just coming to the heartbreaking reality that my time is limited in this capacity.  However, my big boys are still very affectionate with me.  Stephen never leaves me without a hug or kiss on the cheek.  Rhett has no problem coming over to me after a meet where all his friends are and putting his head on my shoulder or hugging me.  Dalin too.  I'm so blessed to have boys who still love their mommy.  I'll even include Nick, who used to walk on the opposite side of the campus if I was any where in sight, is much better and might walk within talking distance.

I'm just sad to realize how quickly they get big and how these sweet moments are about to be my past.  I have to admit though, that having a big boy, one that is now taller than you, give you a hug and say " love you momma" is pretty sweet too. ♥

1 comment: