Sunday, November 25, 2012

Turkey Trot


Usually we get a picture of all of us before the race starts but this year we were a little scrambled so we got pretty much nothing.   I happened to get this one pic of Katy and Rhett getting ready for the one mile though.  Rhett used this for his warm up before the 10K (six miles).  Crazy.  When it was all done, I asked her how she did and she says "good!".   I asked if she ran it all and she said no, she had walked some.  Then when I talked to Rhett, he filled me in on the rest of the story... She ran about a third and then cried the rest of the way cuz she didn't want to go anymore.  Little Stinker.  She had been begging me all week not to make her run.  She had even asked "do I have to run my whole life??"

Bo, Whitley and Grandma did the two mile.  Poor Bo.  As we were waiting to start, I notice his shoes.  Both of his big toes are completely sticking out of his shoes.  I should pay more attention, he still ran anyway. They don't time the two mile so we don't know how he did time wise.  He is always excited and says his holes are because he runs too fast.

Then it was time for the big one.  I have trained, but just can't seem to get a lot better.  No longevity.  So I was aiming for at least 1:04, would be super happy with 1:02.  Glade, Stephen, Rhett, Brooklyn, Dalin and I all ran the 10K.  Nick had to work that day so he was off the hook.  It was exceptionally hot this day as well.  Stupid AZ.  Anyway, we finished like this:

Rhett  44:39 tenth in his division and he beat the turkey!
Dalin  58:46  eighth in his division,  the little stink beat me!  The last time we ran, he couldn't even keep up.  He did awesome!
Laurie  1:01:12  I beat 1:02!!  I was so happy, I think it's even barely better than last year.  I'm not complaining at all ♥
Glade  1:02:30  I started by texting him "enjoy your buttkicking"  He needs a little edge to get him motivated.Ü
Stephen  1:26:44  I'm pretty sure this was his best time since he was 12.  Maybe his crossfit training is paying off.
Brooklyn 1:35:52  We thought she would be a bit faster because of her cross country training, but she said she was having foot pain the whole time.  I love that she just keeps trying.

We always see lots of friends there and love this tradition for our Thanksgiving.  As always, we stuck around till the end and ended up with a free turkey for the most family members.

No comments: