Sunday, November 11, 2012

State Cross Country Meet

The State Cross Country Meet was this past Saturday in Goodyear.  That's an hour's drive from where we live.  Mom and I headed out early in the morning to get there before Rhett raced at 8:30.  I was a little worried about him because the first thing he said was that he knew he wouldn't do that well since there were so many more school here this time.  I encouraged him to leave nothing left.  This was his last race and he needed to run harder than he has ever run.  He did just that.  I couldn't have been more proud.  He finished 25th out of over 80 kids and had a PR of 20:20.  He is not typically a strong finisher, but this day... he was amazing.  I couldn't believe it when I saw him coming down the homestretch.  I don't think I've ever seen him run that hard before.  What an awesome ending.  Our team finished 3rd as a team.







Brooklyn also ran the same day.  She had a PR as well at 17:34 for a mile and a half.  I know that's slow, but for her, she finished 3 minutes faster than she had been.  A whole minute just from last week.  She was actually sweating and flushed.  I was so proud of her as well!  The JR High girls took 2nd losing first by only one point.  Super great day at the races!!




No comments: