Sunday, November 11, 2012

Presidential Election



We had a Presidential election last week and Whitley was able to vote for the first time.  I know it looks like a picture of me, but it's only because I'm not skilled at taking self portraits so Whitley held the phone and was worried about getting the 'vote' sign in and almost cut herself out.   It was fun to all go vote together.

This is the first time ever that one of the candidates was LDS, or Mormon.  It was really an exciting time to have someone who actually shares your beliefs and values be in a position to actually make a difference.  It also brought a lot of attention to the church, which I think turned out to be a good thing.  People don't always know what we are about and this gave an opportunity to share our beliefs publicly.  Unfortunately our country is in a serious state of disillusion in thinking that it's a good thing for our government to control us.  It's very scary to think what our future holds here in America.  Fortunately there have been plenty of prophecies that tell us what we can expect and where to look for guidance.  I don't like the outcome of the election but I also know there's a plan and that my only real responsibility is to take care of my family and teach them the best I know how.

Mitt Romney and his wife

No comments: