Thursday, April 12, 2012

What a Gal!


This little one keeps my days interesting.  She is so fun to hang out with all day.  Unfortunately I have not taken the time to blog all of our escapades together.  So I thought I would just do a few I could remember.

First, this picture... self portrait.  At any given time, I will have 50 - 100 pictures she has taken of herself or weird things on my phone.  Regularly I have to delete all my pics if I want to take one cuz it tells me I have no room left.  Hence me losing a super cute one of Bo I wanted but accidentally deleted.  She can wink and whistle and snap and still says most of her words with her tongue way out.  Her hair is scraggly and messy even when we do it.  She has now started letting me pull it back, but usually has it out within the hour.

Whenever she gets sassy and I call her on it, she recovers almost immediately and assures me she is NOT sassy because a princess is never sassy!!  She hates going anywhere in her jammies (so not like her Mama) and wants to comb her hair if ever we leave the house.  She loves wearing cute clothes and is always asking how she looks.  She changes her clothes at least twice a day.  Not to mention she came to me one day and asked if she ironed her shirt ok.  What??  Yep, she had ironed her shirt all by herself.  I warned her about all the dangers and asked her to never do that again.  She said she only touched it twice and it didn't really hurt that bad.  Oy.

She is a genius.  Honestly, her memory is remarkable, especially where driving is concerned.  Almost always she can tell you where we are headed by what street we take or if we have been there before and why.  It's seriously astounding the things she remembers as we drive.  Today while driving I was singing "our house, in the middle of the street..." when she piped up and said "that's just so Rude!!  People can't even drive!"  (if your house is in the middle of the street)  She listens and hears and remembers practically everything.

She still takes 2 hour naps everyday.  I love it!!  If we are just at home, by noon or so, she is pulling on me asking me to come lay down with her cuz she is ready for her nap.  Even if it's me dragging her there and she  protests a little, she always ends up curling up on my shoulder.  One day she reminded me of how she lays in bed and watches Biggest Loser with me sometimes and then said "I quite like it."

One morning after promising I would take her to exercise class then changing my mind, she ran after me into the laundry room and asked "you want to get stronger don't you!?"  When I said yes, she then says "then you need to keep exercising!!"  So we went.  I'm a sucker for those little dimples.  I will miss her terribly when she goes away to kindergarten next year.  She's ready though, time alone with mom is starting to make her restless.  Even her kid shows don't last long anymore, she just wants to be out or playing with friends.  I even had to convince her it was still ok to watch Dora.  She was sure it was a baby show. I told her Dora was like 7, that's not a baby.  She argued that she was only 4.  I reminded her that one of her very best friends just turned 4 and she loves to play with her.  Being satisfied with that, she spent the next hour talking to Dora as they went on an adventure together.  Stop thinking you are so big!!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Ah, I love that girl. She is getting so big!

Jake and Jenny said...

Just love that post! She is so fun and Tessa thinks her is the best!