Thursday, April 5, 2012

I Ran

Nope, not the country... me.. actually ran.  I ran.  It's been almost 6 weeks since I've run.  Ragnar to be exact.  I ran one day a few days after that and my back hurt so badly I wanted to cry.  Since then it's been an on again off again thing with the back pain.  The weirdest thing will make it bad again.  I've really been praying that it would somehow get better.  It sucks to hurt all the time.  Good thing my back is the worst of my troubles, my family would be in real trouble if it was anything serious!

I've been watching Biggest Loser faithfully but have yet to be inspired.  I want to lose weight and feel strong again, but really I just want to eat cookies.  I had about 6 yesterday.  I don't know what my problem is.  But when I watched it last night (and cried through the whole thing) I decided... I'm doing it.  I want to feel strong and in control again.  My back has definitely been a problem but today I decided to see if I could do it.

Lucky for me it was a cool morning and Dalin was home sick.  I went to just try to run a mile or two, start slow... see how much it hurt.  I ran the first 1.36 miles without stopping.  Pretty good for starting over.  I put my iPod on a setting that wouldn't tell me how well I was doing.  I didn't want to worry about it, go slow and steady.  In the end I went 2.75 miles and had a 10:12min/mil average.  I thought that was good!  Best part was that my first mile was 9:36.  Don't let me kid you, I was sucking wind, but I also thought I was going slow.  Best part is that my back only twinged a little.  I could feel it, but it wasn't bad.  We'll have to see how it feels tomorrow.  Great start to my day!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Congratulations. Way to get back out there.