Sunday, April 8, 2012

Treasures of the World

The progression of my story:  After a long day of Easter celebrations, we had plans to attend the Easter Pageant again with a young family investigating the church.  About an hour before we were to leave, they canceled.  Now it was 5 pm and I had nothing on my agenda.  We didn't have a date night the night before so I was really ready to just go out with my Sweetie.  I called some friends that had previously mentioned they'd be free Saturday.  They said they were heading out for a quick dinner and then shoe shopping.  I said "Great!"  We went and watched them eat, we were still stuffed from our Brunch, and then went to look for some shoes.  Another couple had joined us last minute as well.

I honestly had no intention of buying any shoes. AND, I had forgotten my purse at home so I would have to go through Glade first.  But I was at least going to look.  It's then that my world changed.  I saw these little beauties and knew they had to be mine.



Now, they were on the clearance rack, but still marked as $60.  Also, I just don't like heels.  I thought I could do it, but then I decided comfort was more important to me.  I had to try them on though.  Like a glove I tell ya!  They were meant for my feet.  I walked around in them for a little bit waiting for them to bother me and it never happened.  Oh, I really need these shoes!  Then I noticed that they were an additional 50% off.  Thirty dollars!!  Ok, not super cheap, but Wal-Mart price.. almost.  Now I had to convince Glade.

When he saw me approaching with a box in my hand, his eyes rolled back and a great sigh heaved from his chest.  He must have seen the begging longing in my eyes and understood my plea when I mentioned that we didn't even spend any money on a date night this weekend!  That boy loves me.  I came home with the shoes.  I couldn't wait to get dressed for church this morning!

I called Whitley down to witness my new treasure.  As soon as she saw them, her face lit up and she said "oh my gosh!  Those are so cute!!"  I peeked around the corner and whispered to Glade "see!"  Then she said "how much?"  I told her it was $30 and she gasped and said "No!!"  I again whispered around the corner "see!".  Thanks Whitley!  I wore them around most of the morning with my cut off sweats and raggy t-shirt.  Even a couple of my kids asked why I was wearing those.  Cuz I love 'em!!

I will admit they were a bit distracting at church and I started to truly understand the meaning of the scripture that talks about your heart being set upon gold and silver and shiny things of the world.  My heart loves these shoes.  But I could leave them behind... if I HAD to. Ü

1 comment:

Heather said...

Super cute. New shoes are always fun.