Monday, April 30, 2012

Going Faster Than a Roller Coaster








 These last weeks have just been non-stop.  This is unfortunately going to have to be a mega post to try and capture all that we have been doing.

WASHINGTON DC

Stephen and Whitley went on a choir trip to DC.  They were gone for 4 days, including Stephen's 16th birthday.  That was a little hard for me, but he was so excited to spend his bday in Washington with all his best friends.  I stole a few of the pictures they and their friends had posted on FB.  They had an awesome time and I love that they are the kind of kids that I didn't worry one single minute about what they were doing.









BEST FRIENDS

These two have become such good friends.  It makes me so happy that they are happy to share friends and outings and special events together.





KATY THE PHOTOGRAPHER

I posted about Katy, but here are a few more of her masterpiece photos.  I'm always surprised at what I find on my camera.




TWO FRONT TEETH


Mr. Bo lost his top tooth due to an unfortunate tether ball incident.  He called me from school so excited to tell me his tooth fell out.  Within a couple of days, the other one came out as well and now we have this cute little thing to look at.  He is taking piano right now and doing so well.  He surely has a gift for music.  He plays totally from memory.  I'm going to be so happy to have a pianist in the family!




PROM

After many tears of feeling like she would never get asked, one of the boys that was top on her list of who she would like to go with finally asked her.  He left a block of ice on the porch and told her she had to wait for it to melt to see who it was.  She found this inside.  She said she already knew because of all the "hints' people had given  her.  She is very excited to go and loves her bright orange dress. 






Stephen asked a girl he has been "good friends" with for a while now.  He saved her from being asked by a guy she really didn't want to go with.  He put all these sticky notes on her car with seven of them containing letters that spelled out his name.









Nick asked a girl in our ward by putting some really yucky water and dirt in a bucket and making her dig through it to find out who it was.  When she found all the papers, they said to look on the bottom of the bucket where he had written his name.  She answered him with the mixture of cookies and pudding. Quite a mess.








OLIVER

We have officially started working on the play.  My counter part choreographer has been busier than she planned so I have had a little extra work to do in getting all the numbers done.  It's taken a lot of my time and brain power.  I'm really not very good at it, it doesn't just come naturally.  But it's been fun and after this week, hopefully all creating will be done.  The kids are enjoying it and I love that we mostly are all there as a family.


DADDY

This pretty much sums up Glade.  With his new calling, he has really gone all out with making sure everyone is taken care of.  He is gone a little more than I would like, but I know he is out doing good so I try to be patient.  But he's not getting much sleep these days and is seriously over working himself.  He realizes that and is trying to get a little balance into his life.  He loves what he's doing though so he's at least happily exhausted. Ü


END OF THE YEAR

It's that time again, all the end of the year activities.  The kids are having concerts, taking standardized test, planning activities... go go go.  We have an "adult getaway" planned for May and I'm very much looking forward to that!  I also get to go to Disneyland with Rhett the week before that, so excited!!  Whitley graduates in a month and turns 18 shortly after that.  At this point I'm usually looking forward to summer so I can take a breather from the craziness, but not this year.  I'm a little afraid of summer.  My kids aren't so entertained by a Disney movie or an hour in the sprinklers as they used to be.  Their bodies are bigger as well as their appetites.  I'm so afraid of the boredom leading to contention and just spending long days n top of each other being crouchy.  I'm really working at my two boys getting jobs this summer, that will help.  But, like it or not.. it's coming!!

No comments: