Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter 2012

In April of every year, we re-do our 72 hour emergency kits. This year I thought it might just have to go undone. After all, I was planning a wedding! (which I'm almost ready to post about) Luckily I enjoy a challenge and decided to get it done last minute.  It's easier if I just get everything for the whole family and then we sort it out at Sunday dinner.  We always do it on Conference weekend so the kids get to eat the old contents throughout the weekend.  Other than wrappers all over, it's a fun time.



Everyone keeps asking if things have slowed down since the wedding, actually it feels much busier.  I guess that's a blessing that everything held off till after.  This week we did Easter eggs on Monday.  I was called away to go help someone so I left it totally in the hands of Whitley and the kids.  I guess it went just fine!





These are seriously delicious pink lemonade cookies.  They were so yummy!








On Saturday we had our traditional family Easter Brunch.  We all contribute to a delicious meal and the kids hunt candy filled eggs.  This year we got a little craft for them to do while the big kids were hiding the eggs.  I think it went over pretty well.


































All the kids were excited to hold our baby chicks.  That was a little bit of a disaster, but fun for the little ones anyway.  We had more than enough food and lots and lots of great family.  Traditions are the best.

Sunday, actual Easter.. we had a very quiet morning since our Easter bunny comes the day  before.  I didn't even take a single picture of their baskets this year.  They weren't much to talk about (intentionally), but they all got a pass to go to JumpStreet so we will do that as a family one of these days soon.  Church was great, I wore my new shoes!  I won't lie, they distracted me just a little.  Katy gave a talk in primary and I got to go the Relief Society for the first time in a couple of months.

After church, we made a traditional dinner of ham, scalloped potatoes, rolls, corn casserole  and cheesecake for dessert.  Its a nice ending to a very hectic weekend.

No comments: