Thursday, February 9, 2012

Three Hours

Due to may very lazy nature, I have let many things in my home go to pure chaos.  Closets and shelves the worst.  I have been wanting to organize my pantry and "under the stairs" closet for some time.  It always seems silly to start a project like that when there's laundry to do and paperwork not done.  Running I haven't accomplished that day... always a good excuse.  Today I ignored them all.  I did get 3 loads of laundry done, but they are all now sitting nicely in baskets in my living room.  Our pantry had gotten to the point of not knowing where anything was because where things were "supposed" to go, were crowded with things that were just stuffed anywhere there was room. 

I started at the bottom and worked my way up.  Once I had sufficiently emptied my pantry, I went to work on my other storage space.  Before I began, you could barely even walk into the room.  My kids find this a nice place to stash things they don't want to actually put away.  When I was done, I had given away almost 30 #10 cans of food we will never eat, and two very full boxes of other random stuff I hold on to knowing if I ever actually fixed it, most would end up being scraped into the disposal.  Instead, I decided to find a nice home for it!  I didn't take any before pictures... embarrassing... but this is what I was left with after 3 hours of sorting, stacking and filtering.



It's a little barren, but I now have a new list of things I'm short on.

This was the garbage and stuff that I pulled out that shouldn't even be in there. 



Perfectly good food my children won't eat.

1 comment:

Dacia said...

Way to go! The pantry looks great.