Monday, February 6, 2012

New Everything

The past week has been spent speculating and "worrying" and being excited all at the same time.  It was announced last Sunday that our ward would be splitting the following week.  They admonished us to not speculate about boundaries or our new leaders.  Yah...right!!

Of course, our little pea brains thought we had it all figured out.. it's only logical!  The biggest concern was that our little foursome would be divided.  But logistically it didn't look like that was going to happen.  There's another couple that have started to hang with us a lot and we knew they would probably be separated, but we were going to make sure we still included them.  Then Thursday, Glade got an email asking him to come meet with the Stake President on Sunday morning. Now the real anxiety begins.  He spent several nights laying awake wondering what this would mean for him.

The week seemed to go very slow, even with all the things we had going on.  Finally the big day came.  Glade had found an app on his phone that showed all the callings of everyone in the ward.  Ours and several of our friends were labeled with no callings.  That must mean we will no longer be in that ward.  We figured that, no big shocker.  Then we noticed our good friends still had their callings listed.  Of the four of us, only one got separated.  Very sad.  It won't change our friendships of course, but still sad to be the only ones left out.  That was a toughie. 

We had a very spiritual interview with Pres. Richardson at which time he called Glade to be the Elders Quorum President.  We "speculated" that this would be the calling.  Such a big responsibility.  We also were told who our new Bishop would be at that time.  It wasn't who we speculated, or course, but my heart was so happy when he said his name.  Earlier in the week as I was scanning the neighborhood in my mind, I came across this man and had the thought "oh how I miss him at the podium.  I miss the spirit he brought to the meetings." I promised myself that the very next time I saw him, I would tell him all that.  Little did I know he would be my new Bishop and now I get the opportunity to experience all that again.  So grateful for Bishop Jensen! 

Now it was time for the big meeting where everything was officially announced and ward boundaries were clearly defined.  We will be in a new ward, at a new building (our old, new building), at a new time with lots of new friends and many old ones as well.  I no longer have a calling, which makes me sad but I'm sure a new one will be coming.  That gives me a little anxiety as well.  Luckily I believe that every calling is needful and is of the Lord. 

Change is hard and change is good.  What it really means for us, is that the church is growing and the work is progressing.  How can one complain about that?  We are so blessed to be surrounded by such outstanding people and leaders.  Looking forward to all the exciting things change can bring about!

2 comments:

Dacia said...

Congratulations to Glade! I'm sure your next calling will be coming soon, and you will do an excellent job with whatever it is.

Leslie said...

I love big changes like these. I'm so glad you're happy with your new Bishop. That helps so much! Good luck to Glade. I think he has the toughest job in the ward. Thank goodness he has a good wife to support him in it.