Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Superbowl Monday

Last year we tried out having our Superbowl party on Monday and NOT watching on Sunday, thus keeping the Sabbath day Holy.  I think it worked out pretty well so we tried it again this year.  Unfortunately there weren't many who could resist watching the day previous.  I was saddened by this only because I know these people are really good people who try to do what's right.  How one spends the Sabbath is absolutely a personal choice, I know that and I'm not being judgemental.  I, personally, feel that watching 5 hours of football with intermittent racy commercials and rowdy half time music (which I loved!) is not keeping with the "lay the things of the world aside" council the Lord gives us when asking us to keep this day Holy.  I know it's only one Sunday and the Superbowl is a "big game", but it's the same game on Monday.  Do I think anyone is going to Hell for it, no I don't.  But do I feel like the Savior is up there with slightly sagging shoulders wondering when we will finally "get" it.  I do.

With all that said, we had a great time on Monday.  I didn't take a single picture!!  We ran out of food way too quickly and had to make a pizza run during the game but that wasn't a big deal.  The kids loved playing together and we girls always love getting together for whatever reason.  We'll try it again next year and maybe a few more people will be able to refrain and wait to watch it with us.  If not... the party goes on!!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I loved the halftime show, too! And boy=oh=boy the racy commercials were awful this year.

I forgot you started this tradition. Smart!