Sunday, February 19, 2012

Just For Me

This weekend was our stake conference.  We released our current presidency and sustained a new one.  I wasn't worried at all because thus far in my life, I have loved all my leaders.  Today was no exception.  I was really sad to see my current ones go.. it's the first time I ever knew my Stake Presidency.  I liked it.  I was pleasantly surprised at the new ones called.  Again, I'm going to know my leaders.  Welcome President Holmes, President Christiansen and President Guttery!

Last night was the adult session, my personal favorite.  Before hand we threw a potluck dinner at the church.  About 40 people attended, it was really nice to have everyone there.  After, we went to the Stake Building for the session.  Unfortunately we had to sit in the back on hard chairs. :(  BUT, the talks were really good and as with today, just for me.  The precise things I have been struggling with were addressed.  It took me a little by surprise, but I was grateful for the personalized messages.  I felt totally at peace with my situation and even a little excited to "get on with it".  Again the Lord assures me that he knows me and knows my heart.  I'm continually humbled and touched.  My hope is that someday I will be faithful enough to just trust and not question.  Until then, I'm glad He is patient and forgiving. 

I know what I know.  What I know is that this is the full and complete Gospel and I'm so blessed to have it.  I know that only when I keep an eternal perspective and look outside myself am I truly happy and at peace.  I know that I have so much to learn and work on, but that that's what we are here for.  It's only when I think I've got it all figured out that I'm in trouble.  I know He loves me and has a plan for me and knows what experiences I need to have to become who He wants me to be.  Sometimes I forget that I know these things, but am always so grateful that He cares enough to keep reminding me. 

1 comment:

Heather said...

I needed to hear that last paragraph and completely agree.