Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fat Pants

I'm sure anyone who has seen me in the last few months knows I'm not the same size I was last year at this time.  Actually a good 15 pounds heavier.  Totally sucks.  Well since the weather has cooled a tiny bit, I've had the opportunity to get out my jeans.  My last years jeans.  As you surely know, 15 lbs does not keep you in the same size!  I have squeezed my fatter butt into jeans they should not be in and even had to do the pregnancy rubber band trick a few times.  It's highly uncomfortable and extremely disheartening. 

Before we went to San Fran I bought myself some fat pants.  Ahhhh, sweet relief.  After our last camping trip, they disappeared.  What??  I need those pants!!  I stuffed myself into my old jeans for another couple of weeks sure they would turn up.  I questioned every kid, insisted they go through their rooms and closets to see if they somehow got up there.  Nothing.  Finally, the other night, I bought another pair.  I won't buy many cuz I'm NOT staying this way very long. (I've said that since January)  But really, not gonna do it.  I wore my new fat pants all day Saturday to Glee practice and out on our date that night.  It was wonderful.  Seriously.  I have no idea why people intentionally where tight jeans. 

So this morning I mentioned out loud (sarcastic voice totally included) that I bought new fat pants since my old ones mysteriously disappeared. Whitley piped up and said "oh yah, they're up in my room."  Are you kidding me??  I made her go get them.. at least I can trade off fat pants now.  Hmmm, they look vaguely familiar.  Let me check... yep..  exactly like the pair I just bought.  Nice, now I have two pair of identical fat pants.  Who could ask for anything more??

2 comments:

Heather said...

you do not look heavier to me. In fact Sunday I thought you looked great!

Anonymous said...

I think you are beautiful. We all have fat pants - why else would there be such things as comfort food? Can't eat that without fat pants.