Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Time Blues - Not Yet!!

We are almost a month into summer, which for us is about half way.  So far, we are all doing really well.  There have been vacations and camps and lots to do so far.  The kids are mostly getting along with the exception of the "boredom poke"... you know...just poke someone cuz they're there and you have nothing better to do.  While at Goodwill last week looking for some costume pieces for Annie, the boys found a baggie of toys that contained a large stack of Magic cards and a slinky and a small poker set all for the grand total of $3.  It's been a wise investment thus far.  I have heard much laughter coming from my torn apart living room as they try to figure out the finer points to poker. (no gambling involved Ü)  Add that with our weekly trips to the library to be awarded with such great prizes as a "world" beach ball and shiny blue lights and the trips to the pool along with our weekly outing to the summer movies and we've hardly had time to realize we have nothing to do! 

Annie has kept us very busy for the past two weeks with rehearsals every night.  We perform this weekend and then we rest!  I probably shouldn't have jumped right back into another play after Hairspray but Brooklyn and Dalin are loving it so I guess it's worth all the juggling.  Chelsey has served as the go-to girl behind the scenes doing set painting, back stage hand, makeup and hair and anything else they need from her.  She's enjoyed being busy and involved.  Nick will be helping backstage so we have quite the involvement again. They are doing Camp Rock in the fall, my kids are already getting stoked for that one.

I am getting restless already though, from being stuck in this heat.  I look out at my weed covered garden and wish I could plant it and make something grow.  I drive by my favorite running trails and wish I could be on them. (It's 80 by 6 am)  I see my porch swing and want to sit and enjoy the view.  My empty jars are collecting in mass with no yummy things to put into them.  For me summer is the pre-curser to the good life - fall! 

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Amen to looking forward to fall!