Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cruise - Day 5

Disclaimer: None of these pictures are of anyone I know.  Although this was an amazing adventure, they totally screw you when it comes to pictures so we really don't have any of us.  Actually, I have a few on a waterproof camera that I will get developed some day but for now, these will at least give you an idea of what we did.

We started with a really awesome 20 min boat ride from one side of Puerto Vallarta to the other.  I loved it!  Then we rode these really cool military type buses up to the beginning of the trail.  From there, we donned our protective safety wear and hopped on mules to get to the very top of the mountain where we would start our adventure down.  The very first zip line was just under a thousand feet long and 250 feet in the air.  Suprisingly, I wasn't even scared.  It was so much fun!  In total, we did 9 ziplines, repelled down a water fall and did a free fall repel, went over a few bridges and did one "surprise" zipline that landed you right in the water.  Other than the end being tainted by the whole picture rip-off, we had an amazing time.


This is the first zipline, it was so beautiful.

The free fall repel started up on that platform and you just went straight down. Luckily, they pretty much did all the work for you cuz I was not good at repelling!



My mule was so slow and totally stubborn..a mule...can you  believe it?  We eventually made it to the top, very slowly.

This is the waterfall we repelled down.  I hated this part.  I've never repelled and after this I never want to again.  I couldn't figure it out and ended up upside down twice.

Groovy buses we rode in.

No comments: