Friday, June 17, 2011

Cruise - Day 4

Wednesday was another day in Cabo.  We got off the ship fairly early with nothing but shopping on our minds.  We visited all the little shops which contained all the same things.  The only real challenge was to see who would sell it to you the cheapest.  This went on for quite a while before we had finally attained a souvenier for each one of the kids.  By the time we were done, I was exhausted from the haggling.  If I heard "almost free..." or "just for you.." one more time! 

While on land we called home to check in with the kids.  What I heard was "hey mom!  Can I go play with .."  Very not what I had expected.  I guess they were all doing just fine!  Today I got a little sunburned on the top of my feet from walking around all day, it didn't last long though. We had to find an authentic little Mexican food stand to eat fish tacos from before we left and let me tell ya...there really aren't that many!  We did find one and most enjoyed their shrimp tacos (not me...eww).  We searched for the ceviche man again but with no luck.  While looking for him, we met a really nice couple from Utah and talked with them for awhile.  There were actually quite a few members of the church on the boat. 

We took a really long nap and then went to dinner.  Tonight our waiters danced for us again to Shorty Got Low.  Some were really fun to watch and some were just really funny.  Our waiter sucked.  He had no personality, even in just being our waiter.  That's a real bummer because having a fun waiter is half of the experience!  I ate stroganoff  for dinner and was sorely disappointed that it didn't come with noodles.  Huh?  Weird, but it was Ok because as with every night, it was topped off with chocolate melting cake and ice cream. 

We went to a show again tonight which was actually pretty entertaining, but not my favorite thing to do.  Turned in early after a long day of walking the stores.





Waiters on the tables


Taco stand.






I know what Banos are and that's all you really need to know.







Robin, Melanie, Jake and Jenny in Cabo

1 comment:

Heather said...

What a good group of friends to go with. So glad you had fun.

Love the new Beach family picture.