Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lessons of the Week

Honesty - in short: we found money floating in the lazy river, one dollar stuck to Brooklyn's leg, one to the guy behind us and the lifeguard pulled a 10 out as well.  Brooklyn thought it was her lucky day but I told her we needed to give it to the lifeguard.  The guy behind us was definitely not following suit AND I was pretty sure the lifeguard was having a lucky day as well.  I explained to Brooklyn that it wasn't ours and if I had lost the money I would hope someone would turn it in.  When we came by again, the lifeguard offered it back to us saying no one would care about a dollar.  We declined.  Not five minutes later I heard a little boy asking around for the money his mom had lost.  I pointed him to the direction of the "lucky" lifeguard and Brooklyn quickly  pointed out the little boy to the guy behind us who still wasn't giving up his dollar.  On my next trip around, the lifeguard let me know someone had claimed it.....I know. Ü

Obedience - Sometimes it really doesn't pay to insist on having things your own way.  It will lead to homelessness.  AND saying your sorry is worth it.

Persistence - you can win a standoff with a chihuahua.  It may take a little while but with enough courage and a handful of rocks, you can win!

Teamwork - a house can go from a dump to presentable in about 4 minutes if everyone helps out!

3 comments:

Dacia said...

Good lesson for all of us - honesty is the best.

B said...

Fabulous post!!!! I think each of these should be printed and framed:) I may just display them in my own house:) LOVE it!

Heather said...

Good Lessons for not just your family but everyone. This makes me want to start a file of my weekly lessons and lable them for when I have a talk. Personal experiences are the best part of talks. Serioualy tho, the last one is the best one. hahaha so glad you got it down to 4 minutes.