Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cruise - Day 1

Seven day cruise to Mexico officially begins!  We left bright and early on Sunday morning.  We all piled into Glade's truck and headed out for Long Beach, CA at 6 am.  We were a little squished, but who cares when you are going on a CRUISE!  Our trip there was pretty uneventful...until...I had a sudden desire to check our birth certificates.  I don't know why, but I did.  I pulled them out and low and behold, I had grabbed Bo's instead of Glade's.  Woops.  Good thing I checked...too bad it wasn't until we were four hours from home already.  We went into panic mode..almost to the point of just pulling the truck over.  Glade was a little less than happy at this point.  Lucky for me my paperwork had an "emergency" number on it in case something happened and you might miss the boat.  I think this qualified.  I called it and explained what had happened and their response was "no problem, can you just fax it?"  Ummm, sure...but what about that whole "original copy" thing?  I didn't really ask that, I was very grateful.

Now the trick was having Whitley locate it at home and  get it to someone with a fax machine in the next hour.  It is Sunday you know.  We didn't find a fax machine, but we did get it emailed and then uploaded and then downloaded and then electronically faxed, blah blah blah.  Technology...seriously.   We walked right up, told them what we needed and we were let on to the ship!  Whew!!

Of course we ate first thing on the boat, we had been saving up all day!  We unpacked, got settled and headed to Salsa Class.  He had us sweating in only 30 min.  They also had a game show that Glade got to participate in and WON!!  Now he is the proud owner of a 24K solid plastic piece of ship on a stick.  I was so proud!  We had our first of many overly indulgent dinners and went to bed feeling like stuffed turkeys. 


Our first gas stop and potty break, one of many!



Glade as contestant number 1.

Yeah for crappy trophies!!

Salsa class

Our teacher, Dennis, had no idea what he had taught us two minutes before and kept changing what we did next or how many times we did it or in what direction to do it in.  Hence the chaos in the picture above.  It was quite confusing, but very much fun!

1 comment:

Jake and Jenny said...

You are so good, going by days! When I post it will all be in one shebang, so much fun!