Monday, June 6, 2011

Coming Home

After a wonderful week of cruising, we have returned.  We drove the long 6 hour trek from Long Beach to AZ and arrived right at 7 pm last night.  Our kids were delighted to see us, and we were them.  I hate to say the word "forget" but it's all I can come up with right now....you forget how great it is to be with them until you haven't been for awhile.  We all sat in the living room and talked about what went on here and where we were, everyone talking at once.  I loved it.  Then we passed out the goodies...what they were all really waiting for!  I reminded them this wasn't Christmas and that it's just a little token from Mexico.  I think they all liked their gifts..Katy got a dolphin whistle and a little bracelet, Rhett, Dalin and Bo got these cool little dragons, Stephen and Nick got groovy leather bracelets, Brooklyn got a beautiful sparkly bracelet (I got one too!), Whitley got an adorable dress and Chelsey got 2 necklaces.  The only negative comment came from Bo who said he loved his dragon BUT I could have stopped at Wal Mart and gotten him a new Beyblade instead.  Sheesh. 

I was really happy to sleep in my own bed and walk around with no shoes on...you don't really get to do that on the boat.  The kids had a pretty uneventful week, Chelsey held up really well. The house wasn't exactly what I would like to have come home to, but not too bad.  They hadn't vacuumed all week..yikes!!  The only real bad news was that we were out of bread, milk, butter, water and laundry detergent.  Nothing too serious. Ü  My refrigerator was quite bare.  Hence, I was up by 5:30 and to the store by 7.  (Rhett had to leave for scout camp at 5am)  I resupplied the kitchen and headed out to workout at the church.  I gained 2lbs on the trip and I was already the heaviest I've been for 2 years so I totally needed it.  After a nice sweaty workout, I headed to Costco to finish stocking up.  Later I laid down with Katy for a little snooze, boy how I missed that!  She was so cuddly and couldn't snuggle close enough.  After a little conversation, she finally laid still and mumbled "I love you mama."  Life is good.

We have a super busy week with everyone coming and going and getting ready for our beach trip next week.  Play practice every night as well.  Nothing like coming home from a week of nothing to a week of everything!  I have a feeling the summer is going to fly....I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Dacia said...

Welcome home!

Heather said...

coming home after a honey trip is only good if you put blinders on to what the house looks like. Ü Glad you got away and had fun!

Why are you going to the church to work out, are they having classes there?

BTW all 9 of your kids sat better in church with no parents than my 3 did with me sitting next to them. Your kids did great!