Saturday, June 26, 2010

Summer

Summer=Hot=Boredom=Stress=Eating=Weight gain=Grrrrrr! I forgot that this same thing happened last summer. It's been right at a month since school got out and we are still surviving, even doing well actually, however.....boredom is setting in for the kids which means more contention, which stresses me out. When I'm stressed, I eat and get a little irritable. It's now hot pretty much around the clock. I did get up and run at 5 am today and it wasn't too bad, other than 5 am is too freakin early to be out of bed! Anyway, because it's so hot now, my running isn't as consistent. I can still do treadmill, but it's easy to quit on the treadmill *off button*. So between the lack of exercise and the stress eating, not to mention vacations and outings with the kids, my weight has started to creep up. Not bad, but enough. I don't like it. Maybe I'll go have a cookie. See, that's how my brain works.....

So much drama going on around us right now it's very sad. A friend of ours randomly had heart failure and it didn't look good for a while, he is doing better now. I just ached for his family, he is only 44 years old. Then there are some personal family issues going on that I'm not sure I'm allowed to share since they aren't directly mine, but still very sad. It makes me nervous for when it's my number to come up. So far we have been free of anything too serious trial wise, but it seems to get closer and closer. I'm very grateful.

I'm almost done school shopping, I know, it's not even July! Three of my kids go back July 26th so I'm not that too far off. They didn't need a whole lot and I've come across some pretty good deals lately. I went with Stephen and Nick yesterday and it was actually quite fun. They are old enough and big enough to wear "cooler" clothes now, so it was fun to watch them put stuff together. I few things for the younger boys and we will be set.

Still can't figure out what to do over the 4th. Stinks that it's on a Sunday. We were going to camp, but Rhett doesn't get home from Scout camp until that Saturday so we don't know what to do with him and now we have a wedding that weekend as well. What to do, what to do?

Lastly, I started my new book but am having trouble getting into it. Not sure why, but it seems to be slow going. I'm hoping it picks up here soon. Did I ever mention it was Glade's birthday last week? The day before Father's Day. We didn't do much, most of our friends were out of town. One came back early to go out with us which was very sweet. We just went to dinner and I'm sure it's exactly how Glade preferred it to be, he doesn't do birthdays. Chelsey's is in about 2 weeks which will make her an official adult. She still thinks I should be buying her school clothes too. Nope, welcome to reality!

No comments: