Friday, June 11, 2010

Disneyland 2010

Disneyland! The happiest place on earth. Mom and I took seven of the kids to California for a little vacation while Glade had Nick and Stephen on a week long scout trip. Our trip out was happily uneventful. We arrived around 5 pm, checked in to the hotel and headed for some pizza. Mom, Whitley and I went for a walk to see how far it was going to be in the morning to walk to Disneyland. A little farther than anticipated, but totally do-able. I had planned on going for a run, but realized my running shoes were left home. Crap! That means I only had flip flops for the whole trip. After walking close to 3 - 4 miles the first night, my feet were killing me. I decided to find a WalMart close by and go get some cheap shoes to wear the next day. Right next to Wal Mart was Ross and a mall! I went to Ross and scored a really cute pair of shoes, not the cheapest but totally worth it. I went to 3 stores to find Bo a jacket and came up empty. Seriously. Actually one store had ONE jacket, I just didn't want to pay for it. I finally did, realizing the stores were closing and my options were down to none. Got home very late and very tired.

We woke the next morning, had breakfast and went to Disneyland! The little ones were so excited. Unfortunately, that wore off quickly when the first ride had a 30 minute wait. I renamed the park "Disney's land of waiting". Katy was pretty cranky not too far into the day. Walking, waiting, then riding something she didn't like wasn't working so well. Bo went on absolutely everything! Loved Space Mountain. Fairly quickly we separated and Whitley took the bigger kids with her and the rest of us went to Toon Town with Bo and Katy. Katy really wanted to meet Minnie. Normally these things frighten her, but she loved it. Minnie gave her a surprise kiss at the end and she loved it.

As it approached lunch time (1:30) we decided Chelsey, Whitley and I would walk the two little ones back to the hotel and try to convince them of a nap. It worked with Katy, but not Bo. He and I took lunch back to the park and the other girls came a few hours later. Katy was much happier after a nap. By early evening, we were all tired and pretty much ready to go. We voted on a few more things and did them, then were back at the hotel by 8ish. I can't say I had a great time, too much counting and waiting and waiting some more. I think the kids had a really good time though. They were disappointed we didn't stay for fireworks, but other than that, they were happy with the day. I had gotten souvenirs from different places before we even came. During lunch I whipped them out and they were all thrilled to have something. Bo and Katy had stuffed Mickey and Minnie dolls I got from the Disney Store on clearance for $7 a piece. Rhett and Dalin had pirate hats I got at the outlet store for $4 a piece. I got Brooklyn a necklace and bracelet for $3 on clearance at Claire's. They were all very pleased and so was I!




Bo always had to have his map with him.


Katy liked the teacups, the little train and the merry-go-round.



Toon Town was the best for her. Later in the day, she and I went back and I just followed her wherever she wanted to go. Didn't do any rides, just wandering around climbing on things and in and out of the little houses. That's when she was happiest.




Chelsey hung with Katy most of the day. Their time together is limited and it makes me sad.


The very last thing we did was get pictures with Mickey. Perfect ending!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Looks like everyone had a pretty good time. I'm glad you found some shoes. I can't imagine a day at Disney in flip flops...ouch. If you ever decide to go again, do it in Feb. Yes, you have to take the kids out of school, but so worth it! The weather is great then and the longest line we waited in was about 15 minutes (Dumbo). We went on the roller coasters over and over with little to no wait! Smart move on getting the souvenirs before the trip. I'll have to remember that one!