Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day

Our day started with a bang. I woke just after 6 am wondering why Glade hadn't left to take Whitley to school yet. She's the only one with a few more days left. He said she would be down soon. A few minutes later, when she wasn't, he went up to get her. I was worried cuz I knew she had her finals and couldn't miss. Then it dawned on me....Memorial Day. I yelled for Glade but he didn't respond. Finally I could hear him coming down the hall so I yelled again. When he got to the door way, I informed him it was Memorial Day. He retorted with "I know that now!". I guess when he told Whitley they needed to get out of here, she wanted to know where and why. She clued him in so he was coming back to bed. Oops, sorry honey!

Since we were already awake, we decided to go for a run before it got too hot. We did 5 miles in a pretty decent time. At about mile 2 my knee did some weird pop and it hurt pretty good. I walked and stretched it for almost a mile before I was able to run again. It felt mostly fine the rest of the run and we actually made good time. When I reached down to turn off my iPod (which keeps track of my runs), I stopped the program and something weird happened. It shut down and didn't record my run. What?! I was so mad! Five miles I didn't get credit for, crap. We went to the store to get last minute stuff for our BBQ later, then home to head out for haircuts for the boys. Much needed ones may I add. We left for the pool right after and were able to get into the pool after a 40 minute wait, crazy. Since I had big kids to help, I tried lap swimming. I totally suck. I'm gonna need a lot of practice on that one! Very discouraging.

Around four, friends started arriving for the BBQ. I had gotten way too much food, as usual. We ate, the kids played and we had a grand time. Some of the bigger kids left to the movies and we adults played a game. We laughed and giggled and ended the day the same way it started, with a bang. A quick cleanup and everyone was out the door. I think it was a success! Finished the day by finishing my 8th volume of the Work and the Glory series. Only one book left. Not good. Those were supposed to last me all summer!

No comments: