Monday, April 28, 2014

the Mission Call - From the Outside

It came!  After a very long process of waiting and waiting, it was finally in the mailbox...on Friday.  The significance of that, is that everyone else's calls came on Thursday.  Stephen's was sent in the same day as his friends, and that boy's call came the week before.  Now it had been a whole nother week and nothing.  Killer I tell ya.  Then it came on Friday.  We had already made a plan to have everyone over that Sunday to open it.  So it just sat on the counter.  I'm not gonna lie, we all tipped it.. held it up to the light... hefted it to see if it felt "thick".  They really make those things sneak proof!

Sunday came and the day was long.  We had family dinner at 5, then invited close friends and classmates to come at 7.  I'm not sure what I expected, but there were A LOT of people here!  It was really fun to see so many people come to support him.  Not too much after seven, Stephen stepped up on the fireplace for the big moment.  

It was awesome!  Elder Smith....Hawaii Honolulu Mission!  There was much screaming and a few tears.  He is to report June 4.  June 4?  Um, that's six days after graduation.  Less than 5 weeks from now.  That's when I lost it.  We all hugged and smiled and cried.  I loved having so many of the people I love the most there to give me reassurance and support.  









I did not realize what the outside looked like till I saw these pictures.  Cars were parked down the street both directions







We all guessed where he would go




drumroll please.....





Watch the smile get bigger as he reads "Hawaii"






and then the tears....



My baby boy







the girlfriend


the group

gotta tell someone!!

No comments: