Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Easter Pagaent

This day was long!  Started out with a trip to the DMV to get Rhett's license.  Glade had met a guy who was 24 and never had a license so he offered for me to take him with us so he could get a permit.  I'm all for helping out, but I totally suck at making conversations with strangers.  Anyway, he was a very nice boy and it was awkward, but fine.  Unfortunately he was unaware that he needed his birth certificate, so he went for nothing.  Rhett failed his test as well.  Didn't come to a complete stop, turned his blinker on too late and didn't look over his shoulder when switching lanes.  Nothing too serious, but of course, we had tears.  So it looks like we'll go back again next week.  

After that, we went to Costco and lunch.  Chelsey and Mom were there as well.  I was going on 6 hours of sleep, which is NOT enough for me, so after taking the boy home, I went home for a nap.  We had plans to go to the Easter pageant that night so I was going to need my rest!  The family we were taking to the pageant cancelled last minute, so we gulped down some Taco Bell and hurried to the Temple.  We were able to get pretty decent seats and saw lots of people we knew.  Unfortunately, our little ones were really wiggly and whiny.  Now I remember why I stayed home with them last year.  It's always a lovely performance and the weather wasn't even a bit chilly.  Towards the end, as it was coming to a conclusion, all the cast started filtering out on stage during the final song.  Bo leans over and whispers "I think this is the curtain call."  If there were a curtain, you'd kind of be right, lol.  Katy slept through most of it, but woke up just in time for the big ending with Jesus rising in the sky.  I'm glad we went. ♥


Glade, Me, Stephen, Katy, Taylor (girlfriend) and Brooklyn.  Rhett was off with friends and Bo and Dalin were inside the visitor center.

Before the show, the cast roams around the audience and greets people. Katy wanted to pet the lamb, so we did!

No comments: