Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Another official Driver


This was not the face he was wearing a week ago when he failed his first attempt at a driver's license.  An incomplete stop, not looking over his shoulder and a late blinker kept him from scoring the license.  We went back exactly a week later.  Nothing in my life can be too simple.  Luckily, Tuesday at 9 am seems to be a pretty good time to go.  We walked right in, handed them the paper and ten minutes later they were telling him to go get in his car.  We went outside to wait on the curb.  Wait is exactly what we did.  He sat waiting for his turn for almost 30 minutes.  I'm pretty sure I get as nervous as they do.  But finally it was time.  And he passed!  Here's where it gets tricky.  We went inside, handed them the papers and sat down to wait for the printed card.  Not 5 minutes later, they made an announcement that their entire system was down and there could be no transactions completed.  Surely that didn't apply to something so simple as printing a card!  Oh, but it did.  She handed us the paperwork and simply said "you'll have to come back another day for us to print the card".  What?!?!  He's already missed two days of school.  (the government is awesome like that, their hours are the same as when kids are in school)  So we left.

I needed some work on my van so we dropped it off, and went to lunch.  Rhett stayed at the house to work on his homework.  About 2 and a half hours later, we called and they had just come back online.  We rushed over, got right to the desk and were out of there in less than 15 minutes.  I honestly don't know when I could have had the energy to bring him back again.  The DMV exhausts me.  I'm free from that place for another year....  then there's Brooklyn....

No comments: