Sunday, January 12, 2014

Random

It's a good thing I take a lot of pictures!  Found all these and reminded me what we HAVE been doing these last weeks.

 New Year's Eve I took the kids for a bike ride down the trail.  We were only gone an hour or so, but it was nice to have working bikes and a little fresh air.  Rhett was there but went for a run.  He wasn't so happy with his results so he was cranky and didn't want a picture.  Go figure. Ü  That night the older kids went to the church dance and we sat around like old farts ringing in the new year.  It was super chill and low key, but I was really happy for a night with some of my favorite people just being us. ♥


We had been given some free manicure coupons from a friend, so Jenny and I took the girls out for the day.  We drove WAY into Mesa for them to get their nails done at a beauty school, but first stopped at Costa Vida for some lunch.







They all got nails painted and even got to take home their bottle of polish.  We then headed to Neilson's for some frozen custard.  Super fun day with great friends.


 Weird picture, but I had taken the three boys to spend some of their Christmas money and as they were all walking together and talking and getting along so well, it just warmed my heart.  I love my boys!



This is Stanley.  He has a long story, but for the short part, he's a stray that really loves our family.  After expending some energy trying to find his owner, we decided to keep him.  Then realize that wasn't smart.  He's too big to be in the house and without a fence around our yard, he just has to stay tied up all day.  We are now in the process of finding a new home for him.  He really is sweet and if it were a year from now and we had a fenced yard, he may just have become a Smith.



This cute thing is almost 7!  Just a couple of weeks more.  Today she had a fever so she and I stayed home from church together.  I forgot how much I like spending time with her since she started school all day.  She really wanted some blue box (mac and cheese) so I decided it was time she learn how to make it.  She did great!  Love these times with her.

No comments: