Thursday, March 29, 2012

Where to begin...

We've had a wedding.  I don't even know how to go about blogging an event so spectacular as that.  But in the meantime, life has gone rolling on as if I had nothing else going on.  I will blog about the wedding...soon..or someday...when I can comprehend it all.  Until then...

Sunday was an awesome awesome day.  It was fast and testimony and 5 members of my family got up to bear their testimonies.  That's not necessarily unusual except for which five.  Whitley started it off with a tearful testimony about how she was temporarily giving up her dream of attending EAU, in Thatcher.  She gave credit for that to her mom who was definitely inspired to give her that advice.  Gee, I just thought I was being logical.  She was very mature about it, and is taking it a semester at a time right now.  Then...this is where it gets really good... Nick.. the FIRST time EVER.  Not even as a little tyke or after one of the very few talks he has given.  I was shocked and touched and oh-so proud all at the same time.  Then Brooklyn was headed up so I told Katy she could go with Brooklyn.  We have a rule that you have to be able to do it by yourself and have something to actually say.  Glade was not happy that I let her go up.  No one else was up there so I just figured it was no big deal.  She went right up there, said a very sweet and simple (but not the norm) testimony all by herself.  Not a bit shy or nervous.  Wow.  Then Brooklyn gave her tearful testimony of what it was like to watch her big sister come out of the Temple and how beautiful it was.  Glade could contain it no longer.  We didn't intend for it to be the Smith hour, but it kinda happened like that.

Then I got to teach Bo's class again.  They are such a sweet bunch of kids and I'm excited for when they start coming in to Wolf's with me.  That night we went to Smith's for Sunday dinner.  Just a really good day all around.

I spent Monday having my annual exam and then taking Stephen to see Hunger Games.  I hadn't read the books, but I enjoyed the movie.  A tad long, but good. And of course, the popcorn!  I really liked just spending the day together.

Tuesday I spent the day getting ready to host a bunko group at my house.  We ended up with 18 people in that group. Crazy, I know!  It was super fun though and I hope it continues to go well.  I also found through a friend, a condo for an amazing price so a group of us are going to spend 4 days there over Memorial day week for a little getaway.  It's so great to have something like that on the horizon.  Way excited!!

Wednesday Jenny came over and watched BL with me and then we went to lunch with the little girls.  That afternoon I got our chicken coup ready for a new batch of baby chicks.  We got 24 of them, 8 of which belong to a friend.  I don't know why they are so fascinating to watch, but they are!  They all lived through the night so that's a good step.  That evening we had Pack Meeting and then off to watch Spencer and Chelsey open all their wedding gifts.  Long day, but all good stuff.

Today I headed right out to see all my Visiting Teaching sisters and then to Costco to get 72 hour kit supplies.   Yep, it's that time again!  I have an awesome VT beat with really fun gals and a great partner.  I love having all the supplies for kits cuz then I feel all prepared.  Tonight we have a Relief Society broadcast so I'm excited to go there as well.

Tomorrow I am watching my friends daughter who happens to be 16.  She was the girl we kept with us for a week or so a while back.  She is home now, but they don't like leaving her by herself.  So she is coming over and going to a crafting thing I had signed up for, then I will take her to school.

This weekend is General Conference.  That means a lot of fun traditions and uplifting words from our leaders. I also get to meet with Michelle to start choreographing for Oliver.  So excited about that!  Saturday night will be dinner with the family after the priesthood session and then Sunday dinner to put kits together.

So the wedding is over, but nothing has slowed down.  Just the way I like it.

No comments: