Sunday, March 18, 2012

Grateful for the Rainbow But Hate the Storm

If you know me at all, you know I like to be busy, to have a project.  Well, be careful what you wish for.  Our ward split like 2 months ago.  I've gone seriously stir crazy with having no calling.  It seems as if everyone I know has been assigned, but me.  That just feels crappy.  Anyway, I've gone from "fine" with it to "really grouchy" about a hundred times.  Every time I think it really just doesn't matter and it will come eventually, the very next day I'm all grouchy about it.  I can't seem to keep my positive attitude.  Well the call finally came, by now I have a pretty good idea of what my options are (since every thing else has been filled).  I pep talked myself into really being fine with the options....except one.  Just don't give me that one.

I shoulda known when I was in his office and I got a fairly lengthy sermon on inspiration and times of our lives and blah blah... that it wasn't going to be good.  Finally I just said "give it to me".  Yep, the only thing I really did not want... scouts.  I'm pretty sure how I blogged recently that I was so excited cuz Dalin turned 11 and now I had a one year break from scouts.  Guh!  He asked me if I was going to cry.  I did really well while in his office, which is what I had prayed for.  But that was about as far as it went.  I had a really  not good next couple of hours, I'm ashamed of some of the thoughts I had.  Pretty much I was just sure my Bishop hates me.  I couldn't wait to get home so I could have a good cry.

Then my rainbow appeared.  After church I beelined it to my car so I wouldn't have to talk to anyone.  But one person got me and I'm so glad!  I found out who my partner would possibly be.  That made me turn around and go talk to the girl in charge.  I was so happy!  Sure enough, I would get to be with her.  I now had a whole new perspective and my tears were gone.  Amazing.  Ok, not completely.. it's a process. But I'm on the road.  I guess if you have to endure a storm, at least there can be a rainbow!

No comments: