Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I Caved

So I SWORE I would never do HCG again.  It's terrible for you and I'm sure I'm fatter now than I was before.  However, when I did Weight Watchers for 5 solid weeks and only lost 6 lbs, I got desperate.  Being the heaviest I've been in almost 3 years, I really didn't want to wear a mu mu to Chelsey's wedding.  So I started the HCG diet once again, knowing full well I will gain it back.  After just a week I was down 13 lbs.  I forgot that after about a week, it seems to always make me start my period even though I'm still taking my birth control pills.     The worst part about that is that while your on your period, you basically lose no weight.  So here I am wasting the last week I have available to lose.. wanting 10 more lbs...visiting with aunt Flo and losing virtually no weight.  Only 1.5 lbs in 3 days.  Now I remember why I only ever make it a couple of weeks.  I just hit the weight I was before I did HCG the last time, sad huh?  At least I can now wear some of my old jeans.  Very frustrating though.

What I've learned over the last 10 days is that I DO have self control.  I've gone to the movies twice and not had popcorn.  Watched other people eat really yummy things and sat by empty mouthed.  Not even a nibble of brownie or pizza.  I know that I can resist.  I prove that every time I do HCG.  The problem  is... it's not fun!  Somehow I have to figure out how to resist sometimes.  I'm going to stick this out a few more days and see if I can squeak a couple more lbs out of it.  I may even start again after the wedding, who knows.  It hasn't killed me yet.  It took me a whole year to gain it back before, maybe I can be at the pool this summer without having a towel all wrapped around me!

No comments: