Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring Break

So far the week has gone by pretty quickly.  The first couple of days were pretty chill. Glade and I have been talking about eliminating alot of our technology because the kids just keep getting deeper and deeper into the "obsessed" range.  So Monday I went and got some outside activity type things: basketball, new tether ball, chalk, bases with a kickball, board games, etc.  Our rule this week has been no TV/Wii till noon.  That leaves the whole beautiful, cool morning to do other stuff.  The boys have been back to their Magic cards as well.  We haven't really had any issue thus far.  Now, to be fair... I didn't introduce the rule till Monday night and Wednesday we went to the movies in the morning with friends.  But the other two days have been fine.

I also took Stephen job hunting and driving on Monday.  It's really hard to find a job.  Every one just says "go online and fill out an ap."  How are you supposed to make a first impression and let them know you're good?!  He drove mostly really good except when he almost took out a mailbox, drove over a curb and went the wrong way into a turn around.. all consecutively.  In his defense, it was a little tricky and luckily we were in a neighborhood with streets, but hardly any houses (except the one with the mailbox Ü)  It was a fun day.

It's also been good that Whitley has been away helping with a theater camp all week and Nick has been going to work with Glade every day.  Today Stephen and Rhett left for their Mountain Man Rendezvous campout so we haven't had every one home at one time the whole week.

We saw Journey2: the Mysterious Island yesterday with Grandma and the Johnsons.  Aside from being completely unrealistic.. it was mostly entertaining.  After, we grabbed pizza from Costco and played at the park till it was time to go home for naps.  (yes, I needed a nap!)

Rhett has been feeding our friends animals all week so we make that trip every afternoon.  Brooklyn wanted to play with a friend so I told her she could if she would ride her bike over.  She agreed and off she went.  So I thought.  I guess she decided to walk.  On her way there, an old man in a convertible asked her if she wanted a ride.  Scary!!  She told him no, and then he said "fine then!"  and drove away.  I never let my kids just walk/ride around the neighborhoods and the one time I tell her to just go, this happens.  Seriously old man?  Even if you were just being kind, you don't offer a young girl a ride in your car!!

So many things left to do for the wedding.  Mostly little, but still a lot of them. Every one offers to help, but it's not that kind of thing. I'm starting to get a little nervous about how it's all going to work.  At least I found something to wear.  Sadly, not all of the invites have gotten out.  I wish we had done better at that.  Only a week left!!  I would love to put some of her wedding pics up, but that would be cheating.  Ok... maybe just one!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Aw so beautiful!!! I still can't believe she's going to be married next week!!

Leslie said...

Beautiful!! (Love all the blog post updates. I miss your life!)