Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I'm officially IN my 40's

My birthday was a whirlwind of exciting things that mostly had nothing to do with me and THAT was OK.  The night before we went to dinner with several of our friends who just happen to have spouses with birthdays the same week.  So weird.  So a night at the Olive Garden was wonderfully awesome!

The next day was a fundraiser for a family in our ward.  It was a 5K run, basket auction, breakfast and carnival.  The only real bummer was that I hurt my back during Ragnar and I haven't been able to run since.  It totally sucks.  The whole morning was really fun seeing lots of friends and enjoying all the festivities.

After, mom and I snuck away for a birthday lunch at Barros pizza.  Yum!  We sat and talked for way too long which made taking a nap a little tricky.

That night was Chelsey's bridal shower at our house.  Amy and  Sherry came and decked out the house in total cuteness. The whole house was filled with friends and family and yummy food and goodies.  We are very blessed.

Glade had taken the two boys to work with him during the shower and came back with a card table for me.  That's very exciting cuz I've never had one.  I know!  Actually we did have one once, but the first time we put it up, a sweet boy trying to take it down didn't know about the little tabs you push to get the legs down.  Instead, he just pushed hard until they broke.  A one time use table.  Anyway, I was very excited.

Sunday I had to teach in Relief Society.  That always makes me really nervous, but I think it went ok and I was glad for something to do.  That night I went with Chelsey and Spencer to take their wedding pictures at the temple.  I was kind of a bump on a log cuz my back was really hurting from standing so long at church and now at the temple.  They did really good though and their pictures will be wonderful.  Instead of going to Sunday dinner, I went home to my heating pad and a book. 

Though there was no actual birthday fanfare (other than 70 some odd FB birthday wishes), it was a really fun weekend that I wouldn't have changed at all.

No comments: