Friday, October 21, 2011

welcome to STUD-ville

It's amazing what a little stardom can do for one's social life.  My sweet little awkward and shy Rhett has entered STUD-ville.  Up till now he has mostly been overlooked, slightly teased and pretty much just a gangly 13 year old.  He got the part of Barron in Camp Rock.  Barron is a hip-hopping cool kid and Rhett plays it well.  One of the kids from the play said to me "DANG!  Rhett can dance!"  I know!!  He really is good.  Last night while waiting to pick them up I noticed three very cute girls swarming him.  I watched in wonder, thinking  "what's all that about?"  I had heard some whispering about this girl or that that liked Rhett recently but I didn't think much of it.  Now I'm looking at these three super cute girls batting their eyelashes at him and I'm thinking "Back off!"  I have to wonder, have they just now seen in Rhett what I've always seen: a sweet boy with a very big heart who happens to be pretty cute?  OR, are they swooning over Barron?  Whatever the case, we are going to need to keep Rhett's ego in tact if this keeps up.  These girls are making friends with Brooklyn to get the "in" with Rhett.  He's being oh-so-cool about the whole thing of course.  What I really hope comes from this is that Rhett can see himself through their eyes and have just a little bit more self-confidence.  I think this particular show has definitely vaulted him to Rockstar status.

1 comment:

Heather said...

why can't I see any of your text? I thought it was my ipad but I can't see it on my computer either. I can see all other blogs but yours. boooo. The video on facebook of your kids play was great. Sorry I missed it. Your kids are talented and I think it's great the do it.