Saturday, October 15, 2011

Bursting with Pride

I know I'm not the only parent who has experienced this, but it's still a wonder.  To watch your kids do something amazing, to excel, to put themselves out there.... it's such a wonderful and fulfilling feeling for a parent.  Tonight my kids did a "flash mob" in front of the theater to promote the upcoming show of Camp Rock they are in.  I haven't seen any of what they have been doing so it was all new to me.  I sat in awe and on the brink of tears the whole time.  First, because they could even do it.  That they could get up there in front of people they didn't even know and put it out there like that made me so proud.  Then, let me be honest here... they ROCK!  I may be slightly prejudice, but really... they were so good!  Little Rhett can move, he dances so well and looks so in his element up there.  Whitley has come so far in her abilities.  She just shines when she is performing and she also has figured out how to make everything work together when she moves.  Then there's Stephen.  He had so sing a whole song on his own while keeping up with the dancers.  For a kid who isn't the most nimble of teenagers, he was so awesome!  Then Rhett and Stephen and another boy all had a little solo part where they stand off against each other.  My heart just swelled watching them.  It was a moment when you wanted to stand up and yell "those are my kids!!"  Then to add to it, I knew most of those kids personally either from church or from doing other shows and I was just so proud of all of them.  I'm super excited to go see the show this weekend.  Glade video'd them at the mall and maybe I can figure out how to get it on here.  For now, I'm just enjoying the moment.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

That is so cool. I love those moments! And it's true, your kids are amazing!

Leslie said...

It made me cry too! I love it when kids put themselves out there!!