Saturday, October 15, 2011

Tender Hearts

Tonight we received an awful and disturbing picture message from one of our very good friends.  They were driving back from Cali, where we had just been with them, and their Suburban towing their camper had overturned on the freeway.  Their six kids were in the car when it flipped over.  Luckily there were only minor injuries aside from their totaled vehicles.  When we related to our kids what had happened to their friends, there responses were quite touching.  One of the first things said after all the "are they Ok's" was "should we take them some cookies?"  Then there was the request to say a family prayer in their behalf by my two littlest ones.  Katy said the sweetest prayer for them.  Then there were the comments on how sad they were that "I almost felt like I was going to cry" (Bo) and then he said "I want to make sure to remember my prayers before bed tonight so I won't have scary dreams about that."  Of course, our hearts are heavy for all they have had to go through today but also so grateful they are on their way home without any serious injuries.  I have only a slight inkling as to how frightening and traumatic that had to be for them.  It's such a powerful reminder that anything can happen.  Even to those close to us.  I'm so glad that my children first wanted to turn to their Heavenly Father.  I pray that they will remember that through the rest of their years, that He is where we find our comfort.  I'm so grateful to have such amazing friends and that they are still with us today.