Friday, September 30, 2011

Did I say it was Fall?

I think the phrase "going Postal" may need to be changed to "going Arizona".  Every time I think we've finally arrived at a livable situation weatherwise it shoots right back up.  Today is 105 and windy.  So it's like having hot oven air blown right at you.  I went out to run this morning before the sun was even up and it was already hot.  The worst part about weather.... I can't control it!!  Nothing, not a letter I can write, a sweet "with a cherry on top" supplication, a strike I can organize, a sheer invasion to take part in...nothing...just nothing.  I think it's about this date on the calendar every year I break down and have a good cry over "I just can't take it anymore!!!"  But I survive..every year...I do.  But as a matter of record, I want it recorded that for the past 4 weeks or so the 10day forecast has had it being 80ish for the last three days of the forecast.  Not once has it ever gotten there, but it's always on there.  Maddening I tell ya.

This week Glee was better.  I'm still totally in over my head, but at least my time spent felt a little productive.  I finally called the bug guy after a year of procrastinating and that night Glade got stung by a scorpion.  We think.  He never saw it, may have been a spider but the symptoms were similar to a scorpion.  Irony.  Whitley is going to Homecoming tomorrow night.  General Conference is this weekend.  Brooklyn turned 12 today which I will make a separate post about.  I got a pedicure and painted them orangish brown with a sparkly spider on my big toe.  I never do that.  I had a nice lunch with friends and spent the whole day without any kids.  Chelsey left for Utah to go see Conference with her friends.  Had parent/teacher conf. and the kids all did pretty well.  Better than they have in a while. I have stuck to my Weight Watchers all week and didn't die.  Actually, today was much easier.  I didn't take one little bite out of Katy's very delish cookie.  I know it's very delish because I've had many in my life.  Wasn't even hardly tempted.  I'm down 4 lbs since I got back from Cali.  Still have 10 more to go but it's a slow process.  Now to see if I can make it through the weekend!

Lastly, I love Katy.  I know, I know.  But everyday I realize how big she's getting and how much I just want to kiss her and squeeze her all the time.  She's just adorable not on purpose.  The things she says.  Example: after a long morning of visiting teaching and playing at the park she was in the car moaning about being tired.  She started to explain to me that when she's tired she feels like she's going to cry and when people are happy it makes her cry cuz she thinks they are mad and that's why she has her really low voice right now.  Today at the store a really rude check out boy made the comment "little crybaby gets what she wants" because I bought her a second ringpop after hers crashed to the ground and shattered into a million pieces.  Rude!  She still snuggles with me every day and at some point, in her sleepy voice, she whispers "I love you Mama".  I will miss her. (I asked if when she was 20 she would still snuggle with me and she said that would be weird)

2 comments:

Tammy said...

And you didn't reach over and slap the kid? I can't believe he said that. Katy is such a sweet girl.

When William was a year old and sweating in his Halloween costume, I realized that Fall does not arrive in Arizona until November 1st! I can't wait for it to get cooler!

Durfee Family said...

I'm with you on the weather thing! Blek!

It's hard watching the "baby" grow older! I never resented YW so much as when Hope turned 12 this year! But I have to admit, I'm enjoying watching her in this new phase of life! What I really need are grandkids! :)