Saturday, September 3, 2011

Anything else??

Last night we enjoyed an evening in with a few friends and some yummy pizza and ice cream.  It was nice to not have to get dressed and go out, just chill.  We didn't get to bed until about midnight once we finally got all the kids home and secure.  On a side note, it's quite a nice feeling once everyone has returned and the house is locked up and you can go to sleep not worrying.  Anyways, Glade's alarm went off at 5:30 like it always does and I groaned at the thought of 5.5 hours of sleep.  BUT, once I wake up, it's hard to go back to sleep. 

I checked the weather and it said it was only 79 outside so I decided I would go for a run.  Mind you, it's like 6:45 by now.  So I wrangled Glade into going with me and we went for a 2.5 mile run.  Hot.  It's really still hot at 80 with the sun shining on you.  I started running faster than I had been running on the treadmill so I got tired faster, but made it a mile and a quarter before I took a break.  By the time I finished, I felt like my head was going to explode, but I did it.  And it felt good.  Until about an hour later when my thighs started cramping. 

To keep this from being 8 pages long, I will summarize the rest of my "seriously??" day :

-Wanted to run lots of errands, got detained by a screaming, door slamming 6 year old (25 minutes of in and out of the corner.)
-Decided I would only be a little late to pick kids up from play practice if I just ran in to Wal Mart quickly to pick up a few things.  LABOR DAY WEEKEND.  Nothing quick about it.
-Chose a line with 4 people in front of me.  After standing in it for a decent amount of time and actually get to the counter, the guy tells me he's closed after the guy in front of me. Being the snot that I am, I made some rude comment, he offered to ring me up anyway, but I told him no thanks I'll go somewhere else!
-While in the line, I began to drool at the thought of a Subway sandwich right in front of me.  No one in line, no one, not a single person.  Until, I'm done checking out.  Now I'm fourth in line and the people in the front have to think and pause between each item they want on their sandwich.  Grrrrr.  Now I'm really late!
-Got into the car to get the kids and pulled out onto the main road.  Only a mile and a half to go.  Woops....train.  Wait, wait, wait, decide to eat the cookie I was going to give to the kids.  Finally retrieve the children.

All day I had been thinking about what we could do as a family today.  My lame brain decided on a movie, we would see Smurfs.  Not everyone was thrilled with that, but luckily Captain America was playing at the same time.  Perfect.  Actually so was Apollo 18 and Glade thought that would even be better, so some of the big kids decide they'll go with dad.  I'll summarize again:
-Purchased tickets at the kiosk, 2 for Captain America, 2 for Apollo and the rest for Smurfs....sold out.  What??  Went ahead and purchased the 4 previous and checked with customer service about the Smurfs.
Bought the only 2 tickets left to Smurfs.  Brooklyn and Katy, you're on your own.  Guess the rest of us will see Captain America.  2 more teenagers change to Apollo, fine...just need 2 for Captain America....sold out.  Back to Customer Service.  I can buy one ticket.  Ok....guess the three middle boys are on their own for Captain America and I'm stuck seeing the scary movie that I never wanted to see.

By this time, all the movies have already started and we are all still trying to get popcorn and soda.  I'm freaking out because the littlest kids have no big kids with them.  Whitley keeps shoving my soda at me, saying "here, here".  Gaaaaaa...just hang on!  I seriously looked like a monster mom and was having heart palpitations the whole time.  Nice family outing.

The Movie - this was a movie that pretty much just wanted to make you jump.  It was only scary in that way along with being a little creepy just in the fact that astronauts are being attacked by unknown objects.  After one particularly good "jump", Whitley leans over and says she doesn't think she can take anymore, Stephen leans in and says he's shaking and Nick now has a leg cramp from jumping so hard.  Stephen and Whitley decide on a time out and go for a walk.  Nick jumps right up and moves to the seat right next to me.  After the other two return, Whitley says she feels like she's going to puke and is leaving.  She snuck into Smurfs and enjoyed the rest of that.  What a bunch of Ninny's.  Again, nice family outing. 

Now we're home and have had dinner and everyone is recuperated from the movies.  The boys only have one more request... haircuts.  Oh joy, my very favorite thing.  Well, at least they can go back to school looking sharp and having a good tale to tell when the teacher says "what did you do over the weekend?"

No comments: