Friday, September 9, 2011

Stop! I want off!

I can't chew.  Yes, my "mouth" is too full and I think I'm going to choke.  That's what I felt like last night after I got home from our first Glee practice.  I cried.  What have I done??  Why am I so confident in my abilities?  It was pure craziness.  My voice hurt from yelling so much (100 kids to talk over) and they were whiny "do we HAVE to do those songs?" "why didn't I get into Camp Rock?" "I want to be in the other group."... I think I should have been content to be on the sidelines waving goodbye to my sweet children while someone else did the leading.  I won't quit, but I'm very certain I won't ever volunteer again. 

Now add into that trying to keep my household running, which gets harder with every passing year.. trying to organize a Ragnar team, trying to become a runner again, trying to stay on top of my coupons, trying to stay on top of the paperwork Glade keeps bringing, a big box of peaches waiting to be dealt with, a backyard sports club I offered to help with every Tuesday, attending a Stake Marriage Class every Tuesday (yes, the same time I volunteered to help with the sports) and wondering how I'm getting to five different places at the same time tomorrow and I definitely know why I can't fit into any of my pants.  Hand over the cupcakes!

Not only haven't I blogged, I haven't even READ blogs.  If I'm on the computer, I'm usually doing paperwork or searching YouTube for some help on choreographing all these numbers.  Which still isn't done.  I have laundry coming out my ears cuz I can't even bare the thought of it right now.  My poor kids have been alone almost every night this week.  Something has to give, but what??  I guess my self pity is going to have to be the thing to go.  A commitment is a commitment and it's all temporary, right?  I'll be done just in time to have a nice relaxing Christmas!  (did I say relaxing and Christmas in the same sentence?)  I know I can get it all done, it just feels really overwhelming right now.  One day at a time!

The most beautiful part is that Glade is going out of town for business.  Yes, it's beautiful cuz I get to go too!!  Ahhh, Cali...I'll be there soon my beautiful Cali!  5 days of some serious "off duty" time.  It will be very welcomed.  Until then.. Must.  Keep.  Going. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank goodness for youtube! When the craziness is over, you will look back with fond memories. HA HA HA. Sorry, little bit mean. Take a deep breath, have a chocolate, and enjoy Cali. You, the amazing woman that you are, will be able to accomplish it all, with a smile on your face! Hang in there!!!

Leslie said...

Wow...you talked yourself out of that pity party in just three paragraphs. Good job. :) I can come help with peaches. When do you leave for California?

Leslie said...

P.S. Get a battery-powered megaphone. You won't regret it!!

Heather said...

busy busy girl. So sad about Jack, we will miss seeing him roam the neighborhood.
Have fun in Cali, and especially fun with your hubby, those are the best trips.