Monday, September 12, 2011

So Happy We Glow

Today was such a great productive day.  I was able to get so much done and keep a mostly positive attitude!  I did all my groceries while Katy was in preschool.  Safeway cheated me $3 of coupons they didn't ring up and I bought milk I thought was on sale.  Crap.  I still saved $22 in coupons so that's good.  I got laundry done, cleaned the kitchen, even did a little paperwork.  This morning I was out of the house before 6 am!  I ran three miles and the weather was almost cool.  The whole day was overcast so of course, that always puts me in a good mood. Once the kids got home from school I got my box of peaches canned with the help of two of my boys. 

We had homemade pizza for dinner and then went for a walk.  The weather was cool and breezy and everyone just wanted to be outside.  I didn't agree to dinner outside, but we decided to go for a walk after.  I remembered I had a pack of glow sticks in my closet so we all donned a few bracelets and headed out.  It was full dark so all you could see is 11 forms with random glow circles walking down the street.  The kids sang songs and acted silly the whole way.  I'm sure they will remember the night they sang the Tuti Ta song while walking in the cool breeze.  Simple and Spontaneous.

2 comments:

trublubyu said...

this sounds like the perfect day!

Tammy said...

How fun!