Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Finally

Finally! After a week of 90 degree weather, it's finally cooled off enough to feel a little like fall. This week is in the 70's. The days are still warm enough to be warm, but when the sun goes down, it's actually chilly. This morning it's a brisk 46 degrees. It's funny how quickly it changes, not a lot of middle ground here. It's been nice to shoo the kids outside and not feel guilty about it. Unfortunately the tramp has no mat and the swing set has not swings. Guess I should get on that. I think my house is actually dirtier since they are outside so much. Maybe not quite so cluttered, but the amount of grass, dirt and sand that comes in makes up for it.

I have 4 kids in track right now. How exciting is that? Brooklyn and Rhett are doing cross country and Whitley and Stephen are doing pre-track. It's only been a few days, but I'm going to make them stick it out. Makes a lot of running around for me, but I think it's worth it. There are only two more weeks until their performance of Alice in Wonderland so then things will slow way down. Right now we are at practices almost every night of the week. Makes for no cooking dinner for me! It's a grab and go for the next week or so.

Chelsey is coming home on Thursday. It will be fun having her here for a few days. She is experiencing her first cold spell and is ready for some warm weather. We have a lot going on this weekend so I hope she doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

Yesterday, my old and dear friend Leslie came and helped me finish my box of apples. We cranked through 3 batches of apple pie filling. It was so much easier having another pair of hands. Thanks Leslie!! That night, mom came over to do frozen breakfast burritos so she could have a nutritious breakfast without having to cook every morning. Unfortunately I had to run and get kids right in the middle and she ended up doing it mostly by herself. Sorry mom!

This is what I saw when I went out to check on Bo and Katy. I guess it just comes naturally.


Today really was a great day. Even with the few little snags, I went to bed feeling very content and blessed. Should I be nervous that things are going so well right now??

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I guess I shouldn't be so sensitive when you call me your old and dear friend since you are older than me. :) It was good to hang out and chat in person, and the pie filling was delish (I made a pie last night). YUM! Love the pic of Katy. So cute! You are so good about driving your kids to all their stuff. I am terrible at that!