Friday, November 14, 2014

No ordinary Day

This morning started off crazy and cranky.  I was in a mood.  It was my day to volunteer at the temple...and I love going...but I had tons I wanted to get done.  So I tried to be productive before I went and ended up being late.  And it was SUPER slow which makes for a very long day.  BUT, shortly after arriving, we found out one of our church leaders, President Deiter Uchtdorf was in the temple!  It was highly likely that he would  come down to the baptistery!  Well, he did!  I only got to see him walk past us.  Now, he looked at each one of the three of us and said hello, but I didn't reach out my hand.  It would have been slightly awkward.  But now I so regret it.  I wish I would have just done it.  Don't get me wrong, it's way cool to have a General Authority look you in the eyes and say hello, but a handshake would have been wonderful.  



After spending the day wishing I would have just done it, I had and experience as I was handing out towels to a man doing baptisms for his immediate family members.  He came out of the font in tears. Beautiful tears of joy.  I just wanted to hug him...but he was wet...and I'm a strange woman.  So I didn't.  But then I remembered my regret with the handshake.  This man needed a hug!  So when he came out dry, I made eye contact with him and told him I just wanted to hug him.  So I did!  And it wasn't weird at all.  We talked about the work he was doing and his family situation, it was nice.  As he was leaving, he came over to me and shook my hand and thanked me.  Not weird at all, perfect.  

So what started out as cranky and dumb, ended up being a beautiful day!  Plus, as I was heading home, this is what I saw.  I never tire of seeing that beautiful building glow.  God lives and He love us...all of us!  Even me. ♥



No comments: