Saturday, November 8, 2014

Halloween 2014


Halloween came quickly this year.  We were ready with our costumes thanks to Grandma's genious sewing abilities.  We had a hard time finding a time when everyone could make it to carve pumpkins, but we finally settled on a Sunday evening.  Homemade pizza and pumpkin cookies.  We also spent an evening at Vertuccio Farms with 50 of our closest friends.  If you had a group of 30+, it was only $5 to get in.  The group just grew and grew!  The kids had a great time.  Bo and I entered the chili cook off for our ward Trunk or Treat.  He was so excited.  I don't think he realized my chili comes from a CAN.  But we gave it a shot and ended up with no trophy, but it was fun doing it together.  He never heard them announce the winner, so he assumed we probably won since ours was all gone.  Works for me!!  I had to volunteer in the temple that day, so it was a little crazy getting everyone ready to go in time, but we made it!  Glade even joined in this year and went as a pirate with me and Katy.  He has a soft spot for that girl.  Grandma came and eventually so did Chelsey, Spencer and Brynlee.  

Rhett had to work that night so after we collected all our goodies, we went to Taco Bell to say hi to him.  It was fun to just chill together as a family.  I was glad it was over though, I like it less and less each year.  Probably because my kids are just older now.  But it was a good month and we all had a fun holiday! 





















No comments: