Saturday, November 8, 2014

F for Blogging

You know where the road paved with good intentions leads.....well I wish I could say there was much to report on, but there just isn't.  The last month has just been all the normal stuff..busy busy busy.  Flag football finally ended.  That was killer for me.  XC came to an abrupt end when Rhett got "demoted" from the varsity team which made him ineligible to go to state, because he over slept and missed practice.  Can't say I'm too sad about that either.  Other than he just wasted an entire season not really putting in much effort.  The play is this weekend so that will be over as well.  I'm seriously ready to do NOTHING.  Both Rhett and Brooklyn said they were going to sign up for tennis just for fun.  I said "um..NO".  I'm tired and I'm not spending $300 for you to participate in something you don't even know if you like during the holidays.  We are taking a break!!

It was about that time that I got an email letting me know about our Ward  Christmas Party planning meeting.  I didn't even know I was on the committee.  Apparently they just decided to use the same committee as last year.  I really am happy to help, but occasionally it's nice to just "show up" to something.

Glade got released from being Elders Quorum Pres this past week or so.  It was a hard thing, but probably good at the same time.  He hasn't been given a new calling as of yet, but they did advance him to a high priest.  I'm still in scouting.  Glade has been running like crazy.  I've wanted to run like crazy.  It's funny when your dilemma is being too fat to run, but if you don't, you just keep getting fatter.  But I did run four miles 3x this week.  Hopefully I can get to the end of the turkey trot.

News on Nick.  He was pretty sure he would be home by Christmas, but they are still working on his risk assessment and his next court date is the end of Jan.  I can't say I'm too sad about that.  I was kind of stressing out about having him home for the holidays.  I'm not really ready to have him home, but not sure what else we would do with him.  At least we can get through the holidays now.  I do think it sucks that he'll have been in a year and 3 months with no sentence yet.  That seems stinky.  On the other end, Stephen is doing great in Hawaii and seems to absolutely love everything about his mission.

The best thing....Christmas is coming!!!

No comments: