Wednesday, July 30, 2014

first day of school...again


It's official!  They are ALL back in school again.  As always, they were up  bright and early ready to go!  I, on the other hand, not so much.  Glade worked all night, so what was supposed to be our first day of regular routine was me doing all of it (driving, etc).  In the end, they all got where they needed to be and my first day a lone was beginning.  Sort of.  I had scheduled two visits for this morning, so I went straight from sending them off to driving into town for the visits.  I was done about 10:30, picked up some things I needed, met Jenny for lunch (haven't seen her in two whole weeks!) and got home about 2pm.  I tried unsuccessfully to take a quick nap, but the pressure of having to be up in time kept me from sleeping.  

They all had a great day, except Dalin who hates his English teacher.  She gave homework on the FIRST day!  Unbelievable.  Tonight is just as busy with scouts and mutual, so it certainly wasn't the organized, settled first day I would have hoped for.  Tomorrow is my Temple day so that won't be a stay at home day either.  I guess we'll have to wait for next week to get some order going. Ü

Bo - 4th grade

Katy - 2nd grade

Dalin - 8th grade
(he scraped his face on the bottom of the pool so got to start the year off with a bit of a mess on his face )

No comments: