Sunday, July 20, 2014

Random Stuff

The little things.  First, I have had severe phone issues for the past month or so and now the one they've sent me has a terrible camera.  So all my pictures suck.  That's when I was even able to take pictures.  Quite a bummer.  But anyway, here's a few summer things.

Cow day!  We can't let Chick Fil A's Cow Appreciation day go unnoticed.  So the kids all made their costumes and after  Rhett and I went to get his emissions tested, we headed for our free meals.  We like to go about 10:45 before they get too busy.  By the time we left at 11:30 ish, it was packed with "cows".  I love that my kids still love to do that.  Dalin looks like he is praying because he attached wings and was "holy cow".  Brooklyn was "super cow", Katy "princess cow", Bo "Video Game Cow" and Rhett was "gangster cow".  I of course was "boring cow".  


In their free time, Whitley and Nick like to make maps.  Weird, I know.  But they did this really cool map that is actually a Risk game.  They love playing Risk when they come here so they made a personalized map using the names of family members.  Pretty stinkin cool.


A week or so ago, a boy in our ward had his farewell, Addison  Cox.  He was one of Stephen's friends, so lots of other friends were there as well.  It was so fun to see them all again.  I thought I would be really emotional, but I did really well. Until....I was talking to his friends.  They mentioned that he looked so different.  One said he looked like he lost weight and the other said he didn't think that was it, just that he looked HAPPY.  Yes!  He seriously looks happy.  That made me cry.  I love that others can see that.  So we took some pictures.

Jordan Benham, Elder Petty, Seth Miller, our favorite Elder Mills, and Boston Essary


Katie Cooper, Carlie Phelps, Bro Clayton, Addison Cox, Boston Essary, Seth Miller and Jordan Benham


Sunday fun!  I don't let the kids play video games on Sunday or watch regular TV.  This can lead to some serious boredom and rowdiness!  So this is what Bo and Katy came up with. Ninjas!



I've joined a FB page called Missionary Mommas.  It's just a page where Mom's of missionaries can commiserate, celebrate, and connect with other mom's from same areas.  It's been pretty cool to talk to people in Hawaii and find out things I may not know otherwise.  Like that I knew he was in Honolulu before I ever got a letter from him.  Anyway, it has good things and bad things about it, but I bought this shirt to make me happy. ♥


We've used our pogo passes quite a bit this past week and the kids have one more week before school starts.  We will be going to Sunsplash tomorrow.  Two meet the teachers, summer movies  and Bunko!  Summer is coming to an end.

No comments: