Monday, July 28, 2014

Super Saturday/ Birthday party/First Day

This last month I've been trying to get our Super Saturday Christmas in July activity together.  I'm really a cub scout leader, but was asked to help get this thing going.  Of course, I love Christmas so I was happy to oblige.  It really wasn't even a lot of work other than actually making the crafts we were offering.  I do NOT craft.  I'm sure there were much easier ways to get things done than the way I did them, but they got done and we had a great turn out.  We had a few mini classes, did the crafts, a light lunch and lots of visiting.  We even played Christmas music the whole time and no one even threw a fit!  (that I could hear).

That night we had Brynlee's first Birthday party at Chelsey's pool.  It was so stinkin hot!  This is the time of year I start to get grouchy.  I'm just done sweating.  But anyway, it was fun and she was adorable and she loved our gift.  Chelsey did some super cute things, the kids swam and ate pizza and Popsicles and in the end it was a huge success!







Sunday was the day before school starts for a couple of our kids so we didn't have the family over for dinner and just kept it us.  We had dinner altogether, talked about friends and how to be a good one and why it's important to stay within bounds.  Then Glade gave Brooklyn and Rhett a father's blessing.  It was a really enjoyable evening together.  I'm going to try to get better at having FHEs that are more purposeful.


Today I sent Rhett and Brooklyn out the door.  The other three are still here until Wednesday.  I like having a staggered start, makes it a little less stressful.  So the rest of us went to summer movies, the bread store, Costco and Walmart.  I've designed a new dinner menu kind of thing.  I'm hoping we can stick to it so I can be more organized and make shopping easier.  Both kids had a great first day!


                                     Junior                                                                        Sophomore


No comments: