Sunday, May 27, 2012

Senior Choir Concert

Whitley's senior choir concert was the exact same time as Rhett's graduation.  We were hoping the graduation would wrap up quickly, but it wasn't so.  As soon as we snapped a few pics of Rhett, Mom and I raced over to the high school to see if we could catch any part of her concert.  We arrived right before the last song.  Before the last song, they give each senior a rose and they are asked to give it to someone who was special/made their year memorable.  When she knew I probably wouldn't make it, she went with plan B.  I think it should have been plan A all along and it worked out perfectly in the end.  She went up to her brother and handed him the rose and gave him a big hug.  We all cried and their was a collective "aww" heard throughout the group.  They have become such close friends and I think it's totally fitting for her to give it to him.  

Then they sang their farewell song.  Whitley struggled through the bulk of it.  The pictures are a little dark and blurry, but you can see her teary eyes.  What a wonderful girl she is.  I'm so glad I made it in time to at least see a little.  I love her!!♥









Happy Graduation sweet girl, can't wait to see what your future holds. Ü

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Congratulations Whitley! I love the rose story. How sweet.