Saturday, May 19, 2012

My Back

I hurt my back running Ragnar back in February.  Since having babies and being up and down in weight, I've always had some pain in my lower back, but this has been bad.  I thought when it was hurting while running, that it was just cuz I had run a lot.  Two days after Ragnar, I went to try and run again but only made it a mile. Every time I stepped, it felt like someone was popping me in the back with a hammer.  I waited several weeks thinking it would figure itself out.

Eventually I tried running again and I was ok.  I could still feel it, but it wasn't super painful.  That was a relief.  But it still hurts periodically in a pretty good way.  I've tried to go to exercise class at the church, but any bouncing at all kills.  Then there are certain angles of bending that just hurt.  Picking up laundry baskets for example, takes some preparing for.

Well, last night while we were at Amazing Jake's, I decided enough was enough.  I have kept to the hope that it would work itself out but now I'm done waiting.  I hadn't even given it any thought, but when I very first picked up the bowling ball, a weird pain shot through my back.  I threw my very first ball and knew it would also be my last for the night.  Then we mini golfed.  That wasn't awful, but that sorta bent over position is when it starts to hurt.  Bending over again and again to get my ball got hard though.  Thankfully I have a good husband and good friends.

This was the kicker, Glade and I had our usual battle on the air hockey table.  By the time I had played a couple of games, I was seriously hurting.  I should be able to do normal things without that much pain.  When it starts messing with my date night.... I get mad!!  Unfortunately I really don't believe a chiropractor can help me.  But I'm gonna try... as soon as school is out and I don't have a million things on my schedule.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Maybe a yoga class would help