Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Gone like a freight train

One night you check your email before going to bed and the next morning you wake up to a completely dead computer. Hard drive has checked out. This is soooo not good to happen on a day when you were supposed to download the playlist you had worked so hard on to make just right for the ward dance that night. Now you have nothing, not a single song. The weekend was a little stressful. I was able to rebuild a playlist using some music I had on my iPod, but I don't keep all my music on there so I lost most of it. Hopefully my BIL will be able to save some of it, including all my pictures. Luckily I blog so I at least have a little of everything if it turns out badly. In the meantime, I've had no computer for 5 days. Five days!!! It's awful. I sit blogging on Glade's laptop at the moment, of which he has not been that "sharing" during my imprisonment from the outside world. You just don't realize how many things you use it for till it's not available. But enough of that, new one today!



The dance Friday was fun, for me at least. I was surprised at how many people never left their chairs. I always have so much self doubt after things like that. Glade and I danced to almost everything, that's what we went there for! But later I start wondering if people were "judging" me. I get weird like that. I decided I can't do anything about it if they were. I like to dance. I could mellow out and just sit there and watch others, but that's really no fun for me, so I will just do my thing and know that my friends will still love me.



Saturday I ran hills with Jenny. Man I hate hills. It makes me so tired. That same day I had a church meeting in the afternoon and then games night Valentine's dinner at my house. It was a long day. I made stroganoff for dinner and made the table all pretty. Then we played games and giggled till we squeaked, well Tiffany did anyway! It was a really good night.



Sunday started out good, then I was lately informed I had a meeting in less than an hour so I had to rush around for that. Glade had to get all the kids ready for church as well. Sacrament meeting was wonderful! After, I picked Katy up and realized she was so hot. I took her home and the two of us "practiced sleeping" for a couple of hours. No Sunday dinner because everyone has had such sickies. I made Rhett's favorite for dinner since it was his birthday on Saturday but we didn't get to do much. We had cupcakes and ice cream and watched a movie together before bed.



Monday started with Katy and Rhett both having fevers. It was Valentine's day so I had left little boxes of chocolate out for the kids. I had been laying in bed thinking about it the night before when it occurred to me that Whitley hates chocolate. I got up and replaced her chocolates with CheezIts. She was very happy! The day was long, I had done some cute things for Glade but since I was so grouchy all weekend and we weren't really being "on the same page", Valentine's gestures just don't mean much if your heart isn't really in it. Afternoon came and Stephen called to tell me he didn't make the baseball team. That's always hard as a parent. He has decided to practice with the track team just so he can be doing something. We had a nice dinner and went to bed early. I had placed a card and big sucker under Glade's pillow as a final show of love on this day. He went to bed and didn't even notice. I told him he was definitely NOT a princess. It only took him about 15 minutes of laying there to realize what that meant. Anyway, I love him even if he's not a princess and even if he doesn't always get me. Happy Valentine's Day to us!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Welcome back to blogland. Missed ya. (my word verification for this comment is 'cryin')

Anonymous said...

Finally you are back.I found myself checking your blog even though I knew your computer was down. Guess it is just my way of touching your life... happy blogging.

Tina Green said...

Ooops...that anonymous post was me. lol

Anonymous said...

Bummer! hope you had a backup of your data. Seems like a small price to pay to attach an external drive to your computer to backup your data. Its a painful slow process to setup a new computer and reload all your software - but when its done if all you cave to do is copy your data from the external drive back to your computer... how sweet a feeling to not wonder how many photos etc are gone forever.