Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Napa Valley, Finally!

We have done so many little jaunts this summer and it's been really fun, BUT....the most long awaited is finally here! Glade and Jake are doing the IronMan in Napa Valley, CA this Saturday. Jenny and I are tagging along and making a getaway out of it. We leave today and don't get back till Monday. Six days! I have really been looking forward to this all summer. It really is perfect timing as well. My big kids started school already and the other s start shortly after I return. It will be a nice "battery recharge" before real life begins.

Stephen and Nick have done great at school so far, no swirlies or wedgies or anything like that. They were both a little anxious going in without knowing very many kids, but it turns out they know more people than they thought. I'm excited to see them make new friends and get involved.

Yesterday we went to register the younger kids, basically just verifying info and getting teacher assignments. I don't know any of the teachers we got this year. They are all plenty excited to go back regardless! We also got their AIMS test results and I was pleasantly surprised at Dalin's. He doesn't do great in school, but his test results were all just a few points from exceeding. Now I know I can expect more from him. The others all exceeded in Math but did barely average in the others. I guess I didn't pass my love for English and writing on very far!

Well, off to help at a funeral and then leaving for the race. I'm nervous (Chelsey is staying with the kids this time) and excited and SO ready for a few days away. BTW, highs in Napa Valley....78!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy yourself! Dacia

Leslie said...

Have a fun pre-school break. We've been in & out all summer, too. I am hoping I will remember how happy I was to finally be home for a while in about 10 weeks when life gets holiday busy!